Winsome Constance Kindness was founded by Philip Wollen:
- 2005 Queens Birthday Honours, Order of Australia Medal
- 2007 Australian of the Year Victoria
- 2012 Honorary Fellow of the Oxford Centre of Animal Ethics, UK.
- 2014 Adelaide University Distinguished Alumni Award
Announcement by the National Australia Day Council, Canberra 2007
"Who is Philip Wollen" ----- Philanthropic humanitarian
"Through his kindness and generosity, Philip Wollen brings crucial help to many charitable causes and inspires others to share his humanitarian values and ideals. His achievements in the business world mark him as a man of action and he channels this energy into practical outcomes for the causes he champions through the Winsome Constance Kindness Trust. Philip promotes kindness towards all other living beings and strives to enshrine this as a recognisable trait in the Australian character and culture. The measure of his support can be seen in the extraordinary list of organisations the Winsome Constance Kindness Trust supports, benefiting children, animals, the ill, the environment and aspiring youth. Essentially a private man, he seeks no personal publicity but is not afraid to step into the limelight for a just cause".
The initiative is named after his mother and grandmother, and is run by Philip and his wife Trix.
- In their capacity to suffer, a dog is a pig is a bear is a boy.
- The consumption of animals is immoral, unethical, and environmentally destructive. Most of all, it is unnecessary.
- For evil to prevail all it takes is for good men to do nothing – and doing nothing is no longer an option.
- A nation is judged by how she treats her animals.
- Peace is not just the absence of war. It is the presence of Justice. There can be no peace in our lives until there is peace in our hearts and in our homes.
- “Cowardice asks the question 'Is it safe?' Expediency asks the question 'Is it polite?' Vanity asks the question 'Is it popular?' But conscience asks the question, 'Is it right?'
- Start now. There is not enough darkness in the world to put out the light of a single candle.
We support projects that achieve these objectives viz:
Schools, hospitals, orphanages, clinics, shelters, sanctuaries, research, plant-based diets, ambulances, animal birth control, Anti-Rabies programs (Catch, Neuter, Vaccinate & Release), anti-whaling, anti-hunting, anti-bush-meat campaigns, handicapped children, marine conservation, bore-wells, Public Interest films, vessels; protecting iconic Dinosaur Footprints in the Kimberley, native fauna protection, lion parks, seal rescue centres, bio-gas plants, Women’s enterprise, book publication, travel grants, sponsorship, medical equipment, food & fuel supplies, Oncology, Road Trauma, Neurosurgery, Blindness, Deafness, Autism, Palliative Care, Kindness Farms, Kindness Skies, Kindness Oceans, Kindness Kids programs, Free Mobile Restaurants for Homeless, the Arts & Disaster Relief.